The Catholic Diocese of Arlington is pleased to provide the Diocesan Tuition Grant Program for parents of students attending our Diocesan Catholic schools who meet the criteria listed below. This parish-supported program awards approximately $2.3 million annually. We strongly suggest applications be submitted as soon as possible as awards are made on a rolling basis until the following deadlines. Applications must be done online at www.factstuitionaid.com. Contact Mrs. Murphy for assistance with applications.
High School: Mid January
Elementary Schools: mid March
* All families with children enrolled in both High School and Elementary School will need to submit an application for the High School deadline.
Applications must be submitted along with a processing fee and all supporting documentation to FACTS, an independent assessment company contracted by the Diocese to provide confidential and objective economic analysis to determine a family’s financial need for tuition assistance.
The Diocesan Tuition Grant Program eligibility requirements call for students in grades Kindergarten through grade 12 (Pre-K is not eligible) to fulfill all of the following criteria:
• Student attends or is accepted by a Diocesan Catholic school or a military base parish;
• Student is a baptized Catholic or convert officially received into the Church;
• Family resides within the boundaries of the Diocese of Arlington;
• Family is a registered and active member of a parish in the Diocese of Arlington or a military base parish;
The following information is required in order for FACTS to process your application:
Signed and completed paper application or completed online application. Faxed or copied applications will not be accepted. Only one application per household should be submitted.
- Payment of the $20 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of your 2011 or 2012 IRS Federal Form 1040 or 1040A, or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, including supporting tax schedules (Schedule C, E, F). If applicant and co-applicant file separately, FACTS requires both tax returns for the same tax year. FACTS does NOT accept State tax returns.
- Copies of your 2011 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for household Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
Please note that completing a financial aid application does not constitute applying to the school. A separate admissions application must be completed and submitted to the school. If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-315-9262 or Mrs. Murphy at 703-670-3138, email- email@example.com
The amount of financial assistance is dependent on funds provided by the diocese.
Awards will be communicated prior to June .