All parents who are interested in volunteering are required to fill out a volunteer packet and to attend Virtus training from the Diocese of Arlington.
- Volunteer Packets may be picked up in the school office
- You may register for Virtus training by going to the following website www.virtus.org
Holy Family Catholic School Volunteer Opportunities
2012-2013 School Year
- Volunteer Coordinator: This important position will monitor the various compulsory commitment hours at Holy Family by accurately tracking the ten (10) hour required commitment each parent will sign up for including cafeteria duty. The coordinator will also send emails and phone reminders to parents when they have volunteered themselves to a committee and/or event. This is a job easily done from the comfort of your home.
- Room Parent Coordinator: By working with the PTO, the teachers, and room parents; this position ensures the needs of the classroom teacher are met and communications are seamless and streamlined.
- Room Parents: Needed for all grades! The room parents coordinate classroom activities with the teacher and work with the PTO Volunteer Coordinator and Room Parent Coordinator on school wide events.
- Lunch Room Parents: Volunteer Parents are always needed from 11am to 1pm every full school day. Mrs. Calvert and Mrs. Gonzales are so appreciative of the parents help. They really need your assistance!
- Gala Auction Committee: Volunteers are critically needed for our third annual Gala Auction. This event is scheduled for the first weekend in March 2013. Important (and fun) assignments such as, setting up and taking down, solicitations, selling raffle tickets after Mass, and of course, workers on the evening of the event.
- Used Uniform “Shop”: Volunteer parents are needed to sort sizes, tag items and run the Used Uniform “Shop”. This is a great way to save money on gently used uniforms.
- 3 Kings’ Shop: In early December volunteers will be needed to help with set up, take down and assisting our youngest shoppers as they make their selections buying Christmas presents for their loved ones.
- Other Opportunities: There are numerous opportunities throughout the year where your talents can be used, like Picture Day, Catholic Schools Week activities, classroom volunteer (for the younger classes) the Falcon 5K, car pools to and from sporting events and field trip chaperones and drivers.
Please be sure to check the school calendar, the PTO tab at the school website and the Thursday folder for other opportunities as they occur throughout the year.