1. Understanding and applying media, techniques and processes.
2. Using knowledge of structures and functions.
3. Choosing and evaluating a range of subject matter, symbols and ideas.
4. Understanding the visual arts in relation to history and cultures.
5. Reflecting upon and assessing the characteristics and merits of their work and the work of others.
6. Making connections between visual arts and other disciplines.
The following is an explanation of the six standards, including an achievement chart by grade level.
Diocese of Arlington Office of Catholic Schools