Mrs. Dircks -Resource
Welcome to Resource
Holy Family Catholic School recognizes the beauty and potential inherent within each student. In an effort to foster continued growth, the school embraces the challenge to provide assistance and programs to serve students with special needs according to the resources available within the school.
Mrs, Dircks can be reached at 703-670-3138 and at email@example.com
Services provided by Resource:
- Collaborate with parents and teachers to identify classroom and home strategies to assist students facing academic challenges.
- Conduct student observations to identify strategies to improve academic performance and/or behavior
- Administer informal reading assessments to determine estimated reading levels and associated reading strategies
- Provide small group or one-on-one instruction for qualified students based on teacher referral and/or formalized testing documenting a special learning need
- Provide testing accommodations for eligible students
- Liaison with public school representatives and private evaluators when students are referred for evaluation for a special learning need
- Develop Student Assistance Plans to document classroom accommodations for students with a formally identified special learning need
Mrs. Dircks has a great deal of teaching experience in both Elementary and Special Education. She began her career teaching fourth grade at St. Barnabas Catholic School in the Bronx, New York and has taught in various schools (both Catholic and public) in New York and New Jersey.
Mrs. Dircks earned her Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from The State University of New York at Oneonta and her Master’s degree in Special Education from The College of New Rochelle in New Rochelle, New York.
She also served as a volunteer Religious Education Teacher at various Catholic Schools.